Sunday, September 6, 2009

9/4 Class Posting

Something I learned... I appreciated learning about the freetech4teachers.com blog. I have added it to my "reading list" on my blog so that I will receive updates. Although I'm enthused about the possibilities for integrating technology into classroom activities, my skill set is limited and I welcome the opportunity to continue to educate myself.

Questions I have... In addition to making a personal connection, what are some strategies a teacher can use with students who have "checked out" of a given lesson, perhaps because they don't feel capable? How about ideas for helping students to overcome math anxiety?

Anxieties... Although I am pretty confident in my ability to work with individuals and small groups of students, I continue to be anxious about my ability to sufficiently address the needs of an entire class during a given lesson. Perhaps this feeling never goes away!

Excitement... I am excited about observing (and helping) as my master teacher launches several curricular projects this coming week: Lucy Calkins' writers' workshop, Stephanie Harvey's reading comprehension strategy units, an earth history science unit, and Connected Math's Bits and Pieces 1 (fractions and decimals).

No comments:

Post a Comment