Chuckie Cheese to me is like Bellevue Square. I must be under some form of duress to go to either. However, in my day I attended my share of CC birthday parties, and I've been reminded lately of one particular Chuckie Cheese game: Hungry, Hungry Hippos. It's actually pretty violent, in a CC sort of way. Players stand around the game hitting hippos on the head as they pop out of the center console. As soon as one is whacked into submission, another pops out, or maybe two.
No, I'm not reminded of the game because of anyone wielding a large mallet. Rather, classroom management at times feels a little like playing the hippo game. No sooner does the teacher intervene with one off-task student than another pops up. In "my" sixth grade class we seem to have the critical mass of highly distractible and distracting students that almost ensures an ongoing game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Nonetheless, the mallet will stay where it belongs, in the garage.
No comments:
Post a Comment